System Evaluation, Exploitation, and Research (SEER)
Whether explicitly required or not, it is vital to understand the risks related to their use, including how well designed, protected, and resilient they are to attack. That means understanding the potential threats and how they might infiltrate, exploit, or disable your systems and how to appropriately design, configure, and architect your systems to mitigate those threats while meeting the needs of your environment.
Created in 2010, the Owl System Evaluation, Exploitation, and Research (SEER) laboratory (previously DIAL) is designed to perform custom security assessments of integrated systems and applications to inform actionable decisions.
SEER is the cost-effective, state-of-the-art resource for independent security inspection and testing of products, systems, and applications, including systems composed of multiple hardware and software elements. For our analyses, the SEER lab employs an experienced team of subject matter experts in a variety of technologies. The primary output from SEER analyses is an evaluation report detailing the security strengths and weaknesses identified during testing.
- Maintain a holistic defense against rapidly evolving threats
- Gain an unbiased understanding of potential vulnerabilities
- Assess your threat model and mitigate security liabilities
- Ensure compliance with best practices, regulations, and standards
- Reinforce public and user acceptance and deploy with confidence
An independent security evaluation provides you, and any associated certification or approving authority, a high degree of confidence that your security objectives are being met. Owl’s reputation within the U.S. Government security community provides additional confidence to approving officials in providing justification to authorize operation. Our evaluations aid in shortening the approval process and provide a level of confidence that, as future threats evolve, every reasonable precaution has been and will be taken to avoid compromise.
SEER puts the top commercially available, open source, and in-house developed tools in the hands of some of the top subject matter experts in the industry to analyze the deepest aspects of system security. Our primary resources include:
- Cellular base stations: 2G, 3G, 4G, and 5G
- Mobile Forensics tools: MSAB XRY and Cellebrite UFED
- Reverse engineering tools: Ghidra, jadx, and more
- Dynamic analysis tools: Objection/Frida, MobSF, Android Studio, and more
- Network analysis tools: Burp Professional, nmap, Aircrack-ng, Wireshark, and more
- Our in-house Device Analysis Regression Test Harness (DARTH): Simulates user device input and automates mobile device analysis.
Owl serves a diverse set of markets – so let us know your business needs and one of our cybersecurity experts will be in touch with you shortly. In order to put you in touch with the right specialist on our team, please provide us with as much information as possible. Talk soon!