XD Air™ is the strongest removable media security available, and the only U.S. Cyber Command-approved tool for the scanning and transfer of classified data using portable media.
Effective Portable Media Sanitization
XD Air is an integrated hardware/software package that inspects and cleans files on portable media of malware and other malicious content. Available in desktop and laptop-based kiosk form factors, XD Air was developed in conjunction with the National Security Agency as a file sanitization tool to enable the safe use of portable media*. In the years since its development, more than 1,000 XD Air systems have been successfully deployed in government, nuclear, and commercial environments.
* XD Air was originally known by the program name File Sanitization Tool (FiST)
Three Methods of Protection
Going beyond antivirus scanning to protect enterprises against the full spectrum of portable media threats.
Known Good: XD Air performs deep content inspection on the biggest source of malware infections: MS Office and PDF files. XD Air transfers only “known good” content from these files to clean destination media. This process eliminates hidden data, macros, and executable content. Because it doesn’t rely on signatures of know malware, this process is effective against zero-day attacks.
Known Bad: All files are also scanned with multiple antivirus engines as an added layer of defense.
Known Source: By verifying the signature of digitally signed files and determining that the content exactly matches a signed manifest, XD Air helps establish the trusted transfer of known-source files into secure facilities.
How It Works
- Inspects and cleans files on removable media to mitigate the risk of introducing malicious content
- Offers three methods of protection: Known Good, Known Bad and Known Source
- Applies advanced filtering techniques to perform deep content inspection of complex file types, exposing hidden threats and data missed by conventional antivirus and anti-malware protection
- XD Air is hardened against attacks from media-borne malware
- Securely erases media
Proven in a variety of government and critical infrastructure applications, XD Air:
- Protects against media-borne and data-borne threats when transferring data to secure or critical networks.
- Enables assured transfer of classified data between high-risk networks using portable media (meets the requirements of JTF-GNO CTO-10-004A for Removable Flash Media Device Implementation).
- Assists in publishing digital documents by exposing hidden content and verifying cleansing before release—helping ensure that classified or confidential data is not inadvertently disseminated.
- Verifies the authenticity of content from trusted sources.
Hardened Dell 7424 Rugged Laptop w/ AC Power Cable
Hardened OptiPlex XE2 Small Form Factor Desktop w/Chassis Intrusion Switch, Corded Mouse and Keyboard.
SUPPORTED MEDIA TYPES
- USB flash drives
- SD cards
- Portable hard drives & SSDs
- Select hardware-encrypted USB flash drives
- Compact flash
- Floppy disks
CONTENT DISARM AND RECONSTRUCTION SUPPORT
- Microsoft® Office 2007-2016 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Adobe PDF Files (PDF)
- Image Files (GIF, PNG, JPEG, BMP, TIFF, WMF, EMF)
- Archive and Compressed Files (ZIP, GZIP, BZIP, TAR)
- XML Files (schema validation)
7424 RUGGED LAPTOP
8th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-8350U Processor (Quad Core, 6M Cache, 1.7GHz, 15W, vPro)
32GB (2 x 16GB), 2400MHz DDR4 Non-ECC
M.2 512GB PCIe NVMe Class 40 Opal 2.0 Self Encrypting SSD
6X BD-RE 9.5mm Optical Drive
14″ FHD WVA (1920 x 1080) Embedded Touch, Outdoor-Readable Screen
Sealed Internal RGB Backlit English Keyboard
3 Cell 51Whr ExpressCharge Capable Battery
90W Rugged AC Adaptor
OPTIPLEX XE2 SMALL FORM FACTOR DESKTOP
4th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-4570S Processor (Quad Core, 2.90GHz Turbo, 6MB)
32GB (4 x 8GB), 1600MHz DDR3L
256GB 2.5″ Serial ATA SSD
8X Max Slimline DVD+/-RW
Dell P1917S 19″ LCD Monitor
Wired Keyboard & Mouse