SELinux Basic Training Summary
Owl has received many requests to conduct training on the fundamentals of Security Enhanced Linux (SELinux) to prepare engineers on how SELinux works and can bring enhanced security to their environment.
The SELinux Basic Training provides engineers an opportunity to learn the fundamentals of SELinux from Owl subject matter experts.
It includes a two (2) day training session at Owl’s Columbia, MD office. The training is discussion-based and interactive and has two hands-on activities.
This Training is Designed to Help Engineers:
- Understand SELinux and type enforcement (TE) concepts
- Understand the differences between SELinux and other access control or security mechanisms
- Identify and gain a high level understanding of the SELinux policy language
- Understand the security challenges that SELinux addresses
- Get hands-on experience writing and analyzing an SELinux policy
Critical Success Factors:
Engineers attending the class should have an understanding of Linux system administration.
Engineers should be able to attend the entire time during both days.